Sunday 30 August 2009

Super Sketchy Sunday


And here we are again at the start of another week , where does time go?
At 365 Cards today we had the usual great sketch to follow which has the ability to turn round and bite you on the butt when you think you have it sussed.
Why do I find these simpler sketches sooooo hard?
It started with a die cut pocket by Linda Maron 'Mod Designs', well it looked sort of diamond shaped!....shut your eyes and imagine..lol!!
Then I found some paper bits out of my leftovers box to match the colours, the green being Kay & Co...aha! it was the edge piece with the name on the back....that's a bonus.
And an Anna Griffin card blank in lilac was the perfect base.
Some purple organza ribbon tied in a bow so I could use the tails and I had the sketch sorted.
But I added a Linda Maron metal word doodad which says 'Dream' to hold the ribbon tails down and inside the flap I used some Doodlebug rub-ons to say 'take time to..'
So there is a slight deviation from the sketch, but only a tiny one and there we have it a start of another week over at 365 Cards

8 comments:

Patti J. said...

Beautiful card Jenny! Feels so feminine and vintage! Great job!

Chrissie said...

This is a yummy card Jenny, great colours too!
Chrissie

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Jen I love the colours that you have used.
Hugs
Michelle

Tasia D said...

Wow, this is really cool - very pretty card - wonderful job!

Leigh said...

I love your card Jenny. Colours are gorgeous.

Rose said...

i agree with you...it looked easy enough until i started making me card LOL yours turned out awesome!! love the colors :)

~amy~ said...

Jenny, I love your take on the sketch challenge...that dream charm is a perfect touch.

Gloria Stengel said...

Love the ribbon! Great color combo!