Tuesday 25 August 2009

Hitting The Books


365 Cards Day 178 - 'Back To School'
I am feeling a lot less sore today after my fall on sunday, and I thank everyone who has left a comment regarding this. You are generous with your concern. xx

So on to the card for today.
This was not relevant to me at all as I have no young children in the family, but not wanting a gap in my week did a card for my Grandson Jake who is 16 and starts College in Sept. He won't want a card and will probably greet it with a blank expression, but that's teenagers for you...Ha!Ha!!!!

I used 7 Gypsies Gaffer tape and Paper Artsy ruler ribbon across a misc. paper from my box , the pattern sort of looks like mobile phones or cellphones I think you call them in the US.
The great stamp is by PSX Santa Rosa and we are all a cat-mad family so might just get a comment from him on that.
I inked it up with Versafine Onyx Black and coloured one of the books with PM Canary to give it a pop of colour.
The wording was cut from a sheet of Kay & Co School Days.
So not bad for an irrelevant challenge.

6 comments:

Rose said...

fantastic card for the challenge!! love the cat stamp :) glad your feeling better

fleur said...

Thank you for the lovely comment you left for me.
I would have been pleased to get a card like that when I started college, but I was never a typical teenager! haha

Unknown said...

I love it Jenny. The cat sitting on the books is wonderful lol.
Hugs
Michelle

Kristen H said...

Glad you didn't get hurt too badly!!!! This is a darling cat stamp! Love your card!
Sorry, teacher, but the cat was sleeping on my homework!!!

beckynoelle said...

this is so cute! I LOVE the ribbon :)

~amy~ said...

ahhhhh...it's a darling card and I'm sure that he'll absolutely appreciate your time!!!! Glad that you are feeling better Jenny!