Wednesday 12 August 2009

Shape Up!


365 Cards - Day 165
A star must be the dominant shape on the card.
So using a star stamp,star spangled ribbon and paper and a star charm says I did the challenge. :)
The stamp was an old freebie off Craft Stamper magazine and I stamped it 3 times with Adirondack 'Red Pepper' and decoupaged different elements cut from each stamping.
The papers are HOTP. I was being quite brave here using pink and red and I distressed the edges of the red star paper and this is the first time I have done this. I used a Quik Unpick out of my sewing box. A tip I picked up from somewhere. The pink paper I cut and embossed with one of my Nestie Labels
I did add glitter, although it isn't a compulsory element. The top star has Stickles 'Sequins' added to it.
All other bits and bobs are out of my stash.
The only card I have made today, sadly, as my back is particularly bad because I went shopping.....hey ho!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your cards, Jenny and the music is so soothing. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Anonymous said...

Great card, I love the way you hung the charm, very clever!!!!

Heather said...

Super Cute. Love the charm.

http://ohpleasework.blogspot.com/

Tasia D said...

How FUN! Great job on this challenge!!

Carolyn V said...

Great card, Jenny - that ribbon is perfect for this challenge! :)

Chrissie said...

Great card Jenny, I love that ribbon too, just the thing for this challenge!
Chrissie

Kristie Larsen said...

I love red and pink together. So fun!! And what a great idea to use an unpick for distressing. So smart! Love the card! Thanks for playing!!