Thursday 13 August 2009

Recipe...


365 Cards - Day 166 ---- Card Recipe!
and this is just perfect for
Crafty Cardmakers 1st challenge - Blossoms

Oh! I love recipes as it tells you when to stop as I do suffer, sometimes, from the inability to observe the rule of 'Less is More'

The ingredients for this recipe are :-

4" x 7" card
5 Blossoms
Glitter
Wet embossed sentiment
3 different patterned papers

Good card size to use for a change and I used just bog-standard green card for this....No Bazzill????....well this card was already cut to the stated size and was the starting point for the whole thing :) The stripey and spotty papers are misc. out of my stash, but the floral paper, of which I cut around the pattern, is Basic Grey LilyKate.
The 5 blossoms were all mounted one on top of the other to make 1 bloom, then I thought Ah!!... no brad can be used to hold it together, so just got to work with DST to stick each one and then used a good blob of glue and sprinkled glitter into the centre of the flower to give it a centre. The largest of the blooms is a Flourish Flower by Imaginisce.
I also drew around some of the swirls on the paper and some of the dotty pattern with a glue pen and sprinkled the glitter all over that. The glitter being Stampendous Ultra Fine.
I then stamped the Hero Arts sentiment in purple pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear emb. powder.
Another challenge completed, just wish I could go back and get some older ones done too, but that is expecting too much of my poor brain....lol!!

The scan does not show up the glitter or the shiny embossing unfortunately so you will just have to use your lovely imaginations.
Thank you for reading this far. xxx

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh Jenny, I chuckled while reading your blog post...thank goodness for blobs of glue...LOL.

Thanks for playing with me..you did a magnficent job on your recipe :)

Kristie Larsen said...

Very cute card. i love the stacked blossoms and glitter. Nice work!

TesaB said...

It's gorgeous!!! LOVE your take on the challenge, the papers and layered flower are beautiful!

Made by Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, love the colours you have used, so calming and peaceful. Did you get glitter everywhere? I went to bed with it on me after making my card last night, it did make me laugh!

Thanks for taking part in our 1st Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and I hope we see you again soon :)

Carolyn V said...

Gorgeous card, Jenny! Love the cut out design paper - and the luscious layered flower! :)

Kristen H said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love what you did with the challenge. I still have to make something!!! Have a great rest of your day!!!

Chrissie said...

I just love these colours Jenny, it's a really pretty card. Great use of the recipe.
Chrissie

Rose said...

well arnt you the smart one?! :) stacking all your blooms and using glitter for the center...awesome!! great card :)

Unknown said...

This is fantastic Jenny. I hate it when you are being ever so careful running glitter glue in a thin line and then bam out comes a huge blob, I mean where do you go with that lol. Happens more times than I would like it to.
Hugs
Michelle

Tasia D said...

Pretty, pretty card! Great job on the challenge!

Unknown said...

Hi Im judie a DT from Crafty Cardmakers blog, this card is brilliant, in fact it is stunning well done, Judie xx

http://judie-ijustloveartymess.blogspot.com/

Sarn said...

Love this!

Vixykins said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the layered flower x