Monday 10 August 2009

Masking to my Heart's Content



365 Cards - Day 163 Try a Technique: Masking

Oh! I was excited by this because it MADE me dust off a stamp I bought about 5 years ago and have never used, I know, I'm ashamed!
It is a stamp by Clarity called Abstractart and is brilliant for masking...well it's made for it.
All the stamps bar a couple of little Hero Arts flowers are Clarity also...I used to collect them, and still would if I had the money. Barbara Santerelli, as she was then, was my all time fave. Designer
I stamped the large frame stamp in Versafine Onyx Black and then masked off every little area in turn with Post-It notes and stamped different flowers, butterflies and some of the leaves into all the areas.
I then coloured them with a mix of PM's and Copics.
Then I went over the veins in the butterflies wings and the antenna with a Quickie glue pen and sprinkled over Stampendous Ultra Fine Crystal glitter....remembering it is Art Glitter Week.
Then a Making Memories Page Pebble was added to the magnifying glass for a lens.
The sentiment stamp also by Clarity was stamped in Versafine also
Matted and layered onto a buttery yellow piece of Bazzill and then finally mounted onto a chocolate brown DL card.
A piece of satin ribbon and 2 Doodlebug gems finished it off.

7 comments:

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!! love the collage feel!

Linby said...

This is great a real work of art.
Linbyx

PCM said...

This is gorgeous. I love the way it looks like a crazy quilt. Superb. TFS

Carolyn V said...

Delish! You've coloured it beautifully!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, just beautiful, great job on the masking..........really you shouldn't be embarrased, we all have those stamps that we HAD to have and have yet to use.......just have fun with it.

Chrissie said...

This is a great card. Really clever! The finished card is really effective. Well done you!
Chrissie

~amy~ said...

gasp! You absolutely rocked this challenge Jenny!!