Thursday 6 August 2009

Setting The Scene - Indoors


365 Cards Day 159

I stayed well and truly in my box for this one.
My indoors scene was a whole stamped image.
Took me ages to colour though and it's not the best talent I possess.

Didn't keep a record of the PM's and Copics I used, but it was a lot.
The stamp is by Stamps Happen and hasn't seen the light of day for a number of years. Why I buy these large picture stamps I'll never know as they are very limiting. I daresay I could have decoupaged it, as we all love doing that, don't we girls? :/!
I actually heat embossed the image too, so that the pens didn't make the ink bleed.
Just a piece of misc. ribbon finished it off.
Oh! to have done something as awesome as Amy...hey ho!!

12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Jenny, great card although I can't figure out how you cheated. :O

Carolyn V said...

Shush, Jenny! Don't be puttin' this lovely card down...or your colouring prowess, either. It's charming and coloured beautifully. (love that kitty)
~ Carolyn

Tasia D said...

I think it turned out great!! Very nice coloring :)

~amy~ said...

Oh Jenny, you're much tooo kind to me :)

I love your card...that must be one ginormous stamp! Excellent coloring job my dear! Thanks for playing with me!!!

TesaB said...

Wow! What an amazing stamp and wow you for coloring it like that! Beautiful card!

Chrissie said...

This is awesome Jenny!
Well done you!
Chrissie

Fi said...

OMG - that is a beautiful image and perfect colouring.
Hugs
Fi

Unknown said...

This is great Jenny. You did a fantastic job on your colouring. I love it. I love your image as well.
Hugs
Michelle

Patti J said...

Wow Jenny! I read and then re-read, and read a third time! I was sure this was a decal. Great coloring job! Perfect stamp for this challenge!!!

Susan said...

Jenny, I know why you (and I) buy these big scene stamps. Because there is treasures for the eyes to spy. This is such a cool scene. I clicked on it to bring up the details...the tiny mouse trying to get back in the mousie doorway...the way her face is magnified by the fish bowl...wonderful, wonderful details and your coloring to match! I love this one. So dig out those others and color away...

Susan said...

I hope my comment went through...I adored this card for all the perfect little details!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I love your colouring! The apron especially looks painted and perfect!