Monday 29 June 2009

Four Seasons


This was the theme over at 365 Cards Day 121. A great challenge I thought and have the perfect set of stamps.
Now I am not expecting any comments on this card, unless they are advice on how to go about making a card. lol!!
This is a lesson on how NOT to make a card.
I had all the elements ready with a card in my mind. Colours carefully chosen for each season and the ribbons to match.....But what on earth made me choose that paper?
and why did I not see how hideous it all was assembled until the very end when it was all glued together....doh!!
So let this be a lesson girls.
First get your glasses on.
Second don't watch the tennis at the same time
and third don't lose the plot .....thank you and good night!! xxx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a clever idea Jenny. This is gorgeous.
Hugs
Michelle

Anonymous said...

You know, I have to say, I understand how you might feel, but I think the card is pretty great, maybe a little busy, but I really do like it.

But trust me I know how you feel, somedays after allllll the work I just post it, and say WHATEVER.

Sherry Eckblad said...

your post had me laughing at the end. I think the card turned out fine and I love the trees and the colors you did each one in.

Susan said...

oh, Jenny, when I first spied the BG paper...I loved your choice! And then I read your commentary...I love the polka dots and especially love how you interpretated the seasons with the different stages of the same tree!

~amy~ said...

this is absolutely darling!!! Great job!

NWFlamingo said...

Me thinks you protest too much! I probably would have stopped with just the turquoise ribbon with the Time Flies attached, but I love the polka dot background with your trees. Your color selection is wonderful.

Ella said...

I love your take on this!

Gloria Stengel said...

Well I like it. But I'm a more is more kinda gal. I may have only done one ribbon, because we all now that I don't like to use too much ribbon at one time. LOL