Sunday, 24 May 2009
I have an Honest Scrap Award
The lovely Mandy atMade by Mandy has given me an award. She is a special forum buddy who is very talented and has a heart of gold.
There are a few requirements to accepting the Honest Scrap Award and they are as follows:
1) I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it, links are as above to Mandy at Made by Mandy
2) I must list 10 honest things about myself.
3) I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog which I have proudly done!
4) I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links.
So here are my 10 Honest Things about myself
1. After 2 failed marriages I now choose to live on my own and will not be looking to enter another relationship.
2. I adore cats, have had as many as 10 at one time, but am now down to 3. I cannot imagine a home without one.
3. I have 1 daughter, 2 sons and 1 grandson whom I am extremely proud of and have never been any trouble whatsoever. Especially as I brought them up on my own from when my youngest son was 11.
3. My dad died 9 years ago and my mum 2 years ago and to say I miss them is an understatement. There isn't a day goes by without I have a 'moment' with them both.
4. I retired at the age of 55, I am 62 in September, due to worsening osteo arthritis. I had total knee replacement just before Christmas and it has come on wonderfully. I also have OA in the other knee, spine, thumbs and feet.
5. I have weight problems due to my lack of mobility and have been a yo-yo dieter all my life, from size 12 to size 20, back down and back up again. My yo-yo is back at the top of the string and to be honest until someone says it is life threatening I am not bothered. Take me as you find me.
6. After my last divorce 2 years ago, I turned back to God and became a Born Again Christian. It has been the biggest turnaround in my life. I am at peace with myself 99% of the time and have come through horrendous problems with my head held high and total forgiveness in my heart for those who have done me wrong. I have realised possessions are only 'stuff' and you can live without them.
7. I can't begin to describe my love of nature and wildlife in all its forms. From the tiniest ant to the the wonderful sunset and everything in between. I could spend my life watching butterflies dance or birds bathe in my birdbath and fight over the last piece of fruit cake. And the sound of the Swifts when they arrive in May thrills me to the core of my being.
8. I love reading, but am slow as I read every word....so I don't have to read it again.:-D The pile to get through is mounting so need to speed up.
9. I have been doing a family tree for years. My dad's family started in Co. Offerly, Ireland and I would love to go there just to 'feel' it.
10. I adore crafting in all it's forms, and have done since childhood, and have made some wonderful cyber friends through cardmaking. I miss having my own craftroom, and especially I miss my 'Jenny House', but my dressing table in the bedroom has to suffice and it is amazing how much stuff can be crammed into a 9' x 4' space I have given to it. I sometimes sleep with stuff on the bed still and magazines under the pillow.
Now I choose the following 7 peeps to give this award to