Tuesday 18 January 2011

Where has the time gone................

...........I don't believe how long it is since I last posted.
Today is my darling Granddaughter Lily's first birthday :-O and yesterday was the anniversary of my dear Mum's passing.  I still miss her dreadfully, so bought a bouquet of flowers and placed her lovely picture with them in her remembrance.
On the crafting front I have made a few cards, not many since the mountain I made for Christmas, but am trying to make 1 Christmas card a week so it won't be such a mountain to climb this year.
I still have no scanner and the old rubbish camera doesn't do my cards any favours.  I would love to either sort out my scanner or have the means to get a new one, failing that a new camera and a decent light box and spotlight to take decent pics.....not much to ask...surely? :-D
Let's see if I can show you something or other.......................

The snow we had this year, very, very cold weather and snow and ice that lasted weeks
 The problems I have taking pics of cards :-/ this is Lily's birthday card as you probably have worked out for yourself. ..lol!!
 An even worse pic of the inside...under the fairy which is encrusted with pink gems which you can't see  are the words 'Sugar and Spice' and under the butterfly is an oval embossed nestie for me to write  on
 This is a card I made for the forum's first comp of the year, the theme of  which was 'New'...we had to use something from our stash which was either new for Christmas or something we hadn't used yet.  I used 2 Clarity stamps which I've had for ages and never shown an inkpad to.  The tailor's dummy by Clarity had a stand but instead of inking that part I used the 2nd Clarity stamp which says 'Feminine' and mirrored 2 imaged together to form the stand if you know what I mean!  The sentiment is an old SU stamp
 Now this boy has adopted me.....he is one of the local strays, but the weather was so bad this winter that he decided he like me and my house and my 2 boys tolerate him quite well.....and now we are 3..lol!!  I call him 'Splot' :-D
Let's see if I can keep this up.
Watch this space...or not....as is your fancy.
Bye for now
 xxxx

No comments: